Terms and Conditions
1. The proprietors are defined as Mr J. & Mrs J. Armitage.
2. Terms and conditions are taken in whole or in part from the English Tourism Council, The Pink Booklet. A practical guide to legislation for accommodation providers.
3. Reservations can be by telephone, letter, email, fax or verbally.
4. Reservations are confirmed on receipt of a deposit.
5. Acceptance of a reservation is a legally enforceable contract between both parties.
6. Any special requirements must be stated and agreed at the time of booking. Special requirements include cot, high chair, pets, extra bed(s), disabled peoples access arrangements.
7. A confirmation of booking will be sent and an agreed deposit should be paid by return and to reach us not any later than 7 days from the booking date to secure the reservation(s).
8. An invoice will be raised and the balance of the invoice less any deposits should be sent to reach us not less than 28 days before the date of arrival.
9. Payment methods accepted are cash or cheque. Sorry credit or debit cards are not accepted.
10. For reservations where the booking date is less than 28 days before arrival date the full invoice amount is due for payment by return to reach us not less than 7 days from the booking date.
Reservation and payment deviations
11. Any deviations from conditions 3 to 10 can only be by the mutual agreement of both parties.
12. Included in the standard prices are provision of bed linen, water, electric & gas; self-contained cooking facilities including a microwave cooker, fridge, kitchen cutlery and utensils, TV, DVD, cleaning equipment, iron and ironing board and washing machine. The cottages are cleaned and bed linen changed once per week.
Arrivals and Departures
13. Arrival times are normally between 3:00pm and 6:00pm.
14. Departures. Guests are requested to vacate the cottages by 10:00am on the day of departure. Self-catering cottages should be left clean and tidy ready for the next guest.
15. The proprietors will make every effort to facilitate arrivals and departures outside the standard hours but will require prior notification to make any necessary arrangements.
16. We would be grateful if you would help us maintain our standard of accommodation for your comfort.
The cottages are let and equipped for the number guests booked; no extra guests are allowed to sleep in the cottages other than the number of beds ordered.
Parties. Family, social, wedding party assemblies and other parties and assemblies are only by agreement with the proprietors and must have prior agreement regarding numbers and details.
Please do not allow children to take food and drinks out of the kitchen area.
Pets. These are considered by prior arrangement only.
All cottages are non-smoking but there is outside courtyard seating and provision.
17. In the event of the guest cancelling the reservation more than 3 calendar months before the arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a £10.00 administration fee and no further charge will be made. Any other balances paid will be returned to the guest.
18. In the event of the guest cancelling the reservation more than 28 days before the arrival date, the deposit is non-refundable but no further charge will be made. Any balances paid other than the deposit will be returned to the guest.
19. In the event of the guest cancelling the reservation less than 28 days before the arrival date, all reasonable effort will be made by the proprietors to re-let the accommodation. In the event that the proprietors re-let the accommodation the deposit is non-refundable but no further charge will be made. In the event that the proprietors are unable to re-let the accommodation then the guest will be held liable to two thirds of the total invoice value.
20. In the event of non-acceptance of the accommodation or a suitable alternative, then this will be treated as a cancellation unless the guest can prove that the proprietors have made an untrue statement or misrepresentation.
21. The proprietors reserve the right to cancel reservations in the event of untrue statements by guests or if there are reasonable grounds for believing that they would be a nuisance to other guests and residents. In this event condition 20 will apply.
Guests Vehicles, Parking, Baggage and Belongings
22. The proprietors do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to guests baggage and belongings except as a direct consequence of negligence by the proprietors.
23. Guests are requested to respect the convenience of other guests and residents and their vehicles.
24. Off road parking is provided at the rear of the cottages. All vehicles and contents are left at the owners risk.
Breakages and Damage
25. Guests are requested to bring to the proprietors attention as soon as practicable any breakages or damage for repair/replacement.
26. Guests may be held responsible for reasonable costs in repair/replacement of any damage, breakages or loss not due to reasonable wear and tear.
27. The proprietors aim is that you should enjoy your stay at Cross Farm Barn in comfortable and well-appointed accommodation. In the unlikely event that you should have reason for complaint, the proprietors undertake to take all reasonable steps to rectify the reason for the complaint or reach a mutually amicable solution.
Revisions of terms
28. Terms and conditions are subject to revision by the proprietors without prior notice.